Author Topic: 12 volt dc queston  (Read 14001 times)

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
Re: 12 volt dc queston
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 08:43:16 PM »
Personally, although definitely not an expert, I am comfortable with using romex if it is secured well, especially near connections.
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 10:02:28 PM »
P squared,

You are a hard guy to please.  Have to be special clear hear now.  Graduated HS in 60 and had a background in industrial tricity.  Had copies of the code off and on through the years.  The last copy I had was dated 2003 but I never used it really except to research a grounding bar requirement.

Spent 8 years as a RADAR maint work center soopervisor NCOIC.  Rewired a lot of the Site AC for conveince outlets mostly.  Used the code for wire and conduit info.  Working for the fed I used to check up on my contractors and I used the code to verify their work from a safty standpoint and found more than a few mistakes that could have hurt somebody.  Since 90 i have done little in the field but I picked up a copy of the code in 2003 when I rewired a rifle range out-building/shop.  Threw that away recently.  OK?   Scheesh!

Almost forgot:  Installed a heat pump this past spring but I had all the requirements laid out by our friendly city inspector.

Your detective work is finished here....66 in Aug and getting dumber as time goes on.

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 08:40:55 AM »

OOOPS!  In conduit you say?  OOOPS!  Forgot that.  HEH.HEH.HEH.

I threw away my 2003 copy of the code a year ago.  Not that I ever read it since highschool. 

I'm trying to do the math here to see just how old you are. I would have guessed much more than the numbers suggest  :D You threw away a 2003 version and hadn't read it since highschool......

Hmmm, held back a few times?   ;D

Of course, I'm just kidding John.

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 10:50:46 AM »
High Tec,

Uh!  ??? I knew you were kidd'n.  I'm sure....I think ;D

Yeah!  As a matter of fact I was held back in the fourth grade.  After my repeat year that witch suggested that I had made no progress and should be relieved of all further obligations to attend public schools due to retardation.  The Super of schools and the School Board had me evaluated by the U of Pittsburgh over the following summer.  I won't tell you their findings as it would seem a brag on my part but I will tell you what action was taken.  That "teacher" was retired impromptu and didn't teach the following year and the principle of that school, the teacher's sister, was allowed to stay an additional year and then sacked.  Yeah, I failed the fourth grade.  You betch'em I did.  The teacher failed teaching and full time employment.  I don't mind telling that story and I am not embarrassed by it in the least, Red.

Have fun,

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline PP

• Will & Wife
    • Bookworm
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 07:44:56 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up John ;D And thank you all the more for sharing your knowledge and experience with all of us kids, Will

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 10:56:45 PM »
Will,

I had a friend that had a daughter that was being set apart in school on the teachers say so.  The kid was crushed and her Dad was really concerned and was crying on my shoulder...as a friend should.  I told him my tale of historical woe and ....I'm sure you know how that worked out for my friend.  I repaet my sad story at every opportunity for just that reason.  And i assure you I greatly value the experience of others and treasure the opinions of experts.

If I ever repay even 1 percent of what i have gotten out of this board I will be amazed and grateful.

I Gnu youn's guys was josh'n me a little.

John
—Pla

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal