Author Topic: Help list  (Read 6689 times)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Help list
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 09:20:20 AM »
Don try USHIP.COM! I am getting the SETRA from Idaho hauled home today as we type! The guy is loading it now! $2900.00 ! Which is about 1/2 what I was quoted everywhere else! ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

luvrbus

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 09:28:52 AM »
Don, the DOT in Texas is doing that but it is over 26,000lbs I dropped the weight on mine to 25,998# but still get stopped  just a incovenince now FWIW the DOT guy told me how to get around it with out having a CDL

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 09:41:18 AM »
Don, the DOT in Texas is doing that but it is over 26,000lbs I dropped the weight on mine to 25,998# but still get stopped  just a incovenince now

Clifford now is the time to HAUL HEAVY IN TEXAS! They are too busy harrassing buses, bus drivers & bus owners that are from out of state there working the hurricane reliefs! Luckily ours passed the DOT inspections and received the cute little yellow CVSA stickers! But they are still checking log books on all buses at the weigh/check stations and random roadside stops.

Texas is really playing it safe/parinoid since the bus explosion during RITA evacuations, and the recent deadly crashes they have had!
But the problem we are seeing is that they are mainly targeting and being overly aggressive towards out of state buses and not the "known local rogue" operators! FWIW ;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

luvrbus

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »
BK, I don't know how they work the system Cole and his son runs the 25 axle rig on I 10 with 200,000# plus and never get checked .I got stopped 3 times from Houston to exit 810 east in 1 day  a 50 mile trip  with Texas plates

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 10:15:35 AM »
BK, I don't know how they work the system Cole and his son runs the 25 axle rig on I 10 with 200,000# plus and never get checked .I got stopped 3 times from Houston to exit 810 east in 1 day  a 50 mile trip  with Texas plates

$$$ LOL! Shoot DOT don't wanna mess with having to check all those tires & brakes! LOL! ;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

VAN

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 12:12:54 PM »
hey ya mean they are stoppin converted busses too or just the commercial ones/

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 12:23:49 PM »
hey ya mean they are stoppin converted busses too or just the commercial ones/

Commercial!

Sorry for the confusion VAN most members here on the board realize I don't belong because I'm not a "true" busnut, as our buses are for revenue service!
But they tolerate me, and allow me to remain a member.
I do plan to convert one someday! (It's coming home from Idaho now! LOL! shhh Don't let dad know or it may not happen! LOL! Oh never mind dad's in TX and doesn't even know it's coming home yet! As a matter of fact it'll probably beat him home! LOL!)  ;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »

We tolerate him because he tolerates us.  a great place to visit.he even rides us in his SETRA to eat and on a little bittie ferry.

ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

VAN

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »
Well ya know every one needs some place they can go LOL

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal