Author Topic: Discountvantruck  (Read 8399 times)

Offline flynbanjo

Discountvantruck
« on: September 10, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »
I just came across the website for Discountvantruck.  They are offering a furniture package for 2700.00 dollars.  So the question is, has anyone had any experience with this company? 

Thanks

Steven
Steven
81 MCI MC9
Hudson, Florida

Offline bobsw

Re: Discountvantruck
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 06:14:37 PM »
I don't know anything about the company or what they offer for that price but I would be cautious. I just spent over $8,000.00 for Furniture for the bus. For that we got a couch, two euro chairs a captains chair and a co pilot seat.
73 MCI-7

Offline jmblake

• Jason & Martha Blake
    • Creative Custom Cabinetry
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 06:29:07 PM »
Hi, If this place is the one in Elkhart stay clear of them, I had to fight for over a year on a window deal, I finaly got most of my money back but it still cost me $, Just my bad experiance Jason

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »
Steven, we bought a couch on Ebay from these folks.  They use the same name on ebay, so you can do a search to see what they offer.  The sale went just fine and quality is quite good.

We chose to pick up the couch at a plant in Bell Gardens, CA.  That was an interesting adventure.  The plant is at the end of a dead end street (not a street you would want to be on at night!).  We had to unhook and then do a lot of maneuvering around to get out.  They had to take the couch apart to get it in the bus.  The folks seem to be very accommodating.

While we were there, I got to see a bit of the factory.  They have one shop that makes the frames and another that finishes the upholstery.  I was a bit suspicious that the location was a warehouse for furniture made south of the border, but it seems to be the real thing.  The factory has a different name, and Discount seems to be a sales arm

Bottom line, my experience was good and we have used the couch for about 6 months (not much of a test) and it seems to be very good.

Jim   
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

luvrbus

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 06:37:07 PM »
I wouldn't be to cautious about the furniture it is used in a lot of class a motorhomes I have Villa in mine and a friend has furniture from discount and it looks as good as my Villa for about 1/3 of the price I would compare it to the FlexSteel.If I am not wrong Paul Hasting on this board is buying it for his bus    

Offline jmblake

• Jason & Martha Blake
    • Creative Custom Cabinetry
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 06:44:31 PM »
Steven, Sorry that was the same name of the place in Elkhart that I had a bad dealing with, I did buy my furniture from them on ebay it is holding up well, good quality I got 3 captain chairs and a couch in the ultra leather for $1600.00, Shipping was a little slow but was worth the wait. Like I said sorry for the name mixup. Jason

Offline paulcjhastings

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 07:17:07 PM »
luvrbus is correct I ordered all of my furniture for my bus from them when I was in CA. I dealt with Eurotec(the manufacturer) for the design, we went to the same location Jim is talking about. The order is placed through Discount Van and Truck though. I went there to check them out because I just couldn't bring myself to buy furniture that I haven't sat on. :)
Paul Hastings
1993 Setra 215 w/ Detroit Series 60 & Allison HT748
Belle Plaine, MN
612-987-6021cel

cody

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 08:44:26 PM »
lol, I'm sitting her thinking about the not buying furniture you haven't sat on and I completely agree, lol but my distorted mind is now gone to the idea of remodling the bathroom and buying the right tiolet lmao.  I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Dreamscape

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 03:25:53 AM »
I don't know anything about the company or what they offer for that price but I would be cautious. I just spent over $8,000.00 for Furniture for the bus. For that we got a couch, two euro chairs a captains chair and a co pilot seat.

Wow! Our Eagle cost just a few pennies more, and we got Flexsteel thrown in to boot! ::)

I'm sure it will be a gorgeous coach and you will be very happy! ;)

Paul

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 05:10:06 AM »
I just came across the website for Discountvantruck.  They are offering a furniture package for 2700.00 dollars.  So the question is, has anyone had any experience with this company? 

Thanks
Steven

Based on the business name, this is probably a van/truck conversion parts outfit.  Think tiny van sofa and van seats.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline RTS/Daytona

• Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10
    • BUS CONVERSION PARTS FOR SALE / PROJECTS
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 05:59:52 AM »
Hi

ALL MY RV FURNITURE for my RTS Conversion came from EUROTEC 7601 Ramish Ave, Bell garden, Ca,  1800 563-8110.

They also sell there stuff thru SALESCO (can't find them anymore on the web) and Discountvantruck.

BUT they also take direct and custom orders - They are great - IIRC the owners are OSCAR and RICK

A friend of mine has been using these guys for MANY YEARS in his bussiness of restoring RV motorhomes.

I delivered one of these restored RV's and drove almost non-stop for 14 hours in a EUROTEC captains seat

FROM THAT POINT ON - I WAS SOLD - That's the only furniture I wanted in my conversion - I talked to Oscar on the phone - I like the DIAMONTE STYLE furniture (foldout couch / dinette / and 3 captains chairs) - had them CUSTOM made (36" wide Dinette) and custom leg spacing for my couch)

They arranged the shipping from Ca. to FLORIDA - Everything was well packed (they do it all the time)

It's been installed for 4 years with ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS

I would go directly to EUROTEC for the best price

Here's a look at the stuff I got from them

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2716402700037964197pPccqH

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2667165510037964197aSQmEr

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2199076550037964197YpgjJd

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2945496610037964197MptGPV

Plus I purchased a couple of extra yards of the fabric and covered my dash

These are GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK WITH - (no I'm not connected to them in any way - I just think they have a GREAT product)

Pete RTS/Daytona
If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

luvrbus

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 06:17:43 AM »
If any of you guys are looking for dash air Discount Van has units that compare to the Red Dot units for about 1/2 the price also and easier to deal with than the people that sell Red Dot fwiw

Offline flynbanjo

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »
Thanks for the comments. Perhaps it is worth a trip to their facility to check out their product in person.  

Steven
Steven
81 MCI MC9
Hudson, Florida

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 05:09:07 AM »
Are they across the street from RV Surplus & Salvage?  If so, we were there several years ago and purchased a replacement wheel cover for our dually.  They had a huse selection of dinette cushions with matching sofas.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

luvrbus

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 06:20:55 AM »
Not the same outfit Jack

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal