Author Topic: To All The Friends of Richard Bowyer  (Read 22913 times)

Dreamscape

Re: To All The Friends of Richard Bowyer
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2008, 01:18:02 PM »
Good idea Dallas,

If I'm still home I'll do it! ;)

Paul

Dallas

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 04:09:56 AM »
At 14:00 ET this afternoon I urge everyone to air up your buses and give a "Final Rule" blast on your air horns in honor of our late friend and community mentor, Richard Bowyer.

The "Final Rule Signal" is 2 long blasts, one short blast and one long blast.... This is the signal that is universal.. It's called the "Final Rule" and Signals that the train is approaching a crossing.

Or friend has made the crossing.

If you can, record the sound or video with whatever you have handy... My cell phone will record both video and sound as will my digital camera on "Video" setting.

If you get a recording, I would like you to send it to me and I'll make a collage and post it on the internet.

Thanks,

Dallas

Dallas

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »
By the way, 14:00 ET is 18:00 Zulu, or 18:00 GMT, or 13:00 CT, 12:00 CT or 11:00 MT, or 10:00 PT.

I would be happy to post the UTC or UTC1 time, but I doubt that anyone would actually be able to to verify the fact with our present state of time keeping.

what ever time it is for you,... PLEASE, toot your Flute for Richard.. he was our friend and our mentor. Without him, we would have a lot less knowledge and love here.

Dallas

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2008, 11:20:10 AM »
Done! and with Gary Labombard's help, it is recorded.  Buses are starting to arrive, so I will send it Dallas a little later.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Dreamscape

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2008, 11:45:34 AM »
Dallas,

Mine is done also and sent to your email addy.

Paul

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2008, 06:31:56 AM »
In another thread I mentioned that we had a general meeting at our Eagle Rally in Branson and that I would play the YouTube (Conrad/train whistle) at the meeting.  It turns out that was 10/2, but a bit later.

I also mentioned that the Driving Miss Lazy Eagle was at the rally.  Mike Crouch (owner) gave me the switch plate cover that was just inside the door entrance.  He wanted to get it to Richard's family.  Would someone give me a PM or an email (jim at rvsafetysystems dot com) and tell me where I can mail it? 

We have lost two great Eagle folks in the past month or so.  First there was Dick Bell and then Richard.  I sure hope we don't have to read of any more losses very soon.

Thanks, Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal