Author Topic: Trip to StarJet update/ More Pics. It's DONE.....  (Read 59329 times)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Trip to StarJet update/ More Pics. It's DONE.....
« on: June 19, 2006, 12:07:14 AM »
It reached 99 deg. today, about 3:00 pm the bus overheated climbing a 7 mi hill on the P.A. T P. Broke out the hose and cooled down in 25 min.

8:00pm, we noticed smoke from the back, pulled over to inspect and saw the Grand Cherokee leaning. The front tire was GONE and the rim was distroyed!

Called Good Sam, on hold 35 min. Then tried AAA, 3min on phone and service truck arrived in 25 min. Installed the spare and back on the road by 10:00 pm.

Oh by the way, the tire distroyed thr front fender. [ It looks terrible ]

Ok, 3:00am, now stopped to snooze a couple hours, only 1 hr to StarJet.

Talk to ya in the morning!

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline 86neoplan

• My Little Bus
Re: Trip to StarJet update
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 02:35:29 AM »
glad to hear you got there. sorry to hear about the jeep. I know that big old hill on the turnpike...I once overheated a 9 on that hill and the shutdown system shut it down in the tunnel...what a joy that was! with the temp yesterday, nothing surprises me.

I am sure the end result will be worth it.

shawn

Proud single custodial dad to a wonderful 14 year old son, Owner of a 1986 Neoplan 26' transit Bus AN408, Great weekender...Lots of work to come on this bus, can't wait to get her done! 8.2L with a Allison AT545...

Offline TomC

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 07:55:55 AM »
Nick, sorry to here of your troubles.  Maybe your engine could use some of your expertise on keeping it cool (misters?).  I don't know if you have a rear camera, but sometimes that could help, but of course not stop the blow out.  Hope the rest of the trip goes well!  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline DebDav

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 07:58:08 AM »
Would tire pressure monitors help?

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 08:04:01 AM »
Ok,

Just dropped off the bus to Dick and Dee Cahill at StarJet. What nice Poeple! Dick left me feeling real good about leaving my baby there!

Now Bruce Knee and I are searching for a spare tire.

Nick-

Dick Cahill posing for the camra...
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 08:15:51 AM »
Hey Nick - thanks for the updates - I feel like we're there with ya!  Hey - the bus is getting crowded now!   

MOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry about the tire blowout on the jeep - doesn't sound good.  I also had wondered about the remote tire pressure sensors.  And - we also don't have a rear camera, which may have spotted the smoke earlier as well.

Hang in there buddy!   It's going to be worth it!!!

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline pete81eaglefanasty

• smithmotorsports
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 09:07:44 AM »
  hi nick
I know what it's like to loose a tire on the jeep. it happen to me last year in the black hills, i guess i was lucky a truck driver behind me called on the c b and told me that i had a blowout on the jeep left front tire, they were new tires but still had a blowout. it took out the inner fender well which was plastic, also the mud flap, and running board. and messed up the paint on the fender pretty bad, the steel belts in the tire got it. i could not pull over fast enough to avoid any damage i even had the rear camera on and still did not see it. there was no smoke. but a fine young man stopped and changed the tire for me. he was from ohio.when i was younger i would stop and help others, so i guess now it's my turn to get help along the way.

pete
eagle fantasy
WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 09:50:12 AM »
Nick, Sorry to hear about the troubles if ya need help locating a wheel & tire call me or just go to www.car-part.com and go thru the steps to what ya want it's easy ! BK 8)
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Eagle

• 1985 Eagle
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 10:14:50 AM »
Sure hope Dick does a better job for you than he did on my coach.  He really is good when he wants to but when I went to pick up my coach you could see the primer through the paint.  I was really ticked when I had to leave it for another week.  He had already had it for a month and I had to make two eight hour trips.  Hope you are close enough to pop in every once in awhile unexpected to check on your coach.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 10:17:11 AM »
Nick if yer still at Star Jet ask if he still has the HT748 trans for sale and what he'll take for it? Thanks BK 731-885-7460
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

• Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 03:50:45 PM »
Hello guy's,

We found a spare near StarJet and entered I-70 east to come home. We than noticed a rumble noise in the front end and pulling to the left.

found a Jeep dealer at the next exit. they informed us the spare we installed was 5" smaller in diameter the the other 3 and caused the full time 4X4 to wind up!

We purchaced a new tire and front end allinement and we were on our way. Thanks Mc Hugh Jeep in Zanesville, O.H..

Yes Guy's, we have a camra system with night vision. But didn't notice the blowout.

Now on P.A. T.P.  near Pittsburg headed east.......

Nick-

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 04:32:08 PM »
Nick,

Good news to hear you are on your way home safely.

Ya ever wonder if maybe that bus didn't like the idea of being left? ;D

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

• Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »
Cliff, Your Right!

I'm now back in Jersey, 12:45am. Time to get back to work and my family.

Wow, Two day's felt like a week!  I hate only having 3 hrs. of sleep.

In 2 weeks, I'll do it again!

Nick-

• Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 10:04:16 PM »
Oh,

Greg Roberts, I saw your Eagle on the wall at StarJet. KOOL.....

Nick-

Offline Greg Roberts

• Greg Roberts' Eagle 20 Pictures
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 03:09:26 PM »
Oh,

Greg Roberts, I saw your Eagle on the wall at StarJet. KOOL.....

Nick-

Very KOOL indeed! Dick does a good job especially when given artistic license. The Starjet paint job makes a huge difference in how the coach shape looks. My coach now looks taller from the front and longer than with the previous paint. Now if I can just get Dick to remember to send me the gold script "Private Coach" stickers so folks will stop  driving beside me and rubber-necking and stop knocking on my door to see who is on board.
Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal