Author Topic: LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE EAGLE COACH  (Read 4264 times)

Offline SmoothJazz

LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE EAGLE COACH
« on: October 10, 2008, 09:50:22 AM »
I am new to this board and can see that it will be a good source of information. I am currently looking for a unique Eagle Coach to restore, such as a Golden Eagle, Eagle 07, Eagle 12, etc. Does anybody know where there might be one available?

luvrbus

Re: LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE EAGLE COACH
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 10:15:15 AM »
SJ, Kraft Tours in Tulsa had one of the few model 12 I don't know if he still has it or not but maybe he can tell where it is and for the Model 07 good luck finding one we tracked that model and most are still in use and have been upgraded to the model 10 or 15 front clip.Jim Smith is the only one I seen lately that still has the model 07 front clip with the windshields redone to the model 05-10  the 07 windshields is past history fwiw the model 02 was 102 wide and no boggie about the sames as the model 12 except 102 wide   good luck

Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 10:19:27 AM »
Welcome Smooth Jazz, Great name!

If anyone knows where you can find one, Clifford (luvrbus) sure does.

Good Luck on your adventure,

Paul

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 10:26:37 AM »
Do be carefull of the advice you will get, some here will tell you how awful eagles are, others will tell you how great they are.

I think they are great looking coaches, almost as good as the PD4501.  ;)   :o   ;D

Gary Labombard (the rustless money pit) can show you how to tell the difference between a good looking coach with 'issues' & a coach with a sound 'foundation'.

Welcome to the madness!  ;D
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline SmoothJazz

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 11:12:48 AM »
Kyle,

Don't worry, I know how great the Eagle Coach is already, as I have driven them and worked on them for the last 32 years. That is why I am looking for an Eagle.

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 11:40:18 AM »
How about a little more info in your profile? Helps others provide better info.  .   .    . Also helps others get to know you. . . You might be surprised at how close some busnuts are. :)

I haven't had any problems from the info in my profile . . . . .
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline David Anderson

• just outside San Antonio TX
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 02:51:57 PM »
Welcome to the board.  I have a model 10, had it since 2000 and love it of course.  What is a model 12?  Never heard that before.  I've heard of a 10S (suburban), but not a 12.

David

Offline SmoothJazz

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 02:55:38 PM »
A Model 12 Eagle Coach was a 37 foot two axle coach built by Bus & Car in Belgium in the early 70's. Not many built and only 4 made it to this country. It looked like the Model 05 Eagle except it had taller windshields.

VAN

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 04:12:23 PM »
Welcome to the board smooth jazz,what area are you from your profile doesn't say ,cause there are eagle bus nuts from coast to coast that might be able to help in your search as well as alot of other good folks that are in the know(gee wished i'd known them when I went shoppingLOL) that I'm shure would be glad to assist you

Van

Offline SmoothJazz

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 05:27:00 PM »
Van,

Thank you and everyone else for the welcome. I was born in Iowa and raised in Minnesota and have been spending time now in the southern states. I am planning a trip in 2009 to Australia to visit with Eagle owners there. My opinion is that the Eagle Coach was very unique and the finest coach ever produced. I appreciate everyone's kindness on this board and look forward to getting to know all of you.

Offline Hi yo silver

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 06:28:01 PM »
SmoothJazz,
Welcome to this great group of nuts!  If you'll send me a personal message with contact info, I'll tell you about one I know of near me.
Dennis 
Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9 Gone, not forgotten

Offline Hi yo silver

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »
I should also state that I have taken a copy of BCM to the daughter of the Eagle's owner and encouraged them to advertise this bus in the mag.
Dennis
Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9 Gone, not forgotten

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 12:49:42 AM »
Another smart new member! WOW they just keep popping out of the woodwork! LOL! And as others have said SmoothJazz welcome to the madness! By the way at the time EAGLE was the best coach made, then they perfected it and called it a SETRA! LOL! ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline blue_goose

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 06:21:42 AM »
Just my $.02 worth.  If I were looking for anothere bus to convert it would be a Eagle.  I have had mine for 26 years and still think it is the best to convert. 
Now after lots of work and looking, I would find a model 15 with a series 60 engine with a good frame.  There was one at the Branson rally 2 years ago for sale, I think $30,000.  That is less than some are paying for an engine upgrade. 
What ever you buy look forward to lots of work, but is all worth it. 
Jack

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal