Author Topic: With Deep Regrets  (Read 9980 times)

Songman

Re: With Deep Regrets
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 08:25:04 PM »
Maybe look at buying something not converted and do some 'steel tenting' as you work on it. That is what most of us here are doing. There is enough experience and good helpful people on this forum that I think just about anyone can build a bus. I hope so or I am in trouble!

Either way, stay around. You don't have to own a bus to be here. You just have to love buses.

Offline Peabody

• Bus wannabe,Gillig chassis,3208 cat
    • Opal Dragon Creations
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 08:44:15 PM »
OK,OK,OK,I give up I'll stick around, love it here and really didn't want to leave.Plus I have to admit I do love them Eagles but I saw a Setra (spelling?)on-line that would make one awesome conversion.Shoot,wish I could afford the champagne that goes with my appetite,lol.Peabody
Enjoy Life...This is not a rehearsal!
Want to make God laugh?        Make plans

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 08:50:40 PM »
....  I saw a Setra (spelling?)on-line that would make one awesome conversion.Shoot,wish I could afford the champagne that goes with my appetite,lol.Peabody

You aren't alone there.  Busted Knuckle is also a big Setra fan.  And right about now I imagine he is wishing he could afford the champagne to go with that appetite as well.    ;D

(In case you missed the story behind that about BK, http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=9824.0).

Offline Barn Owl

• Roanoke, VA
  • PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 09:09:38 PM »
I haven’t been able to follow your quest for a bus so I might be covering old ground. I didn’t, and still don’t, have the money to bus the way I envision I want to. But, I still found a way by buying a GM. I cannot think of an easier bus to start with and they are some of the least expensive buses out there. Where GMs ever on the radar? The 4104s are everywhere. Anyways, good luck, and you will only be wiser if you stay and continue to learn.
L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!

Offline BUR

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 10:06:27 PM »
Peabody    I hope what I told you about the bus didn't change your mind. You have an open invitation to come down to Kelso and see mine. It might get you revved up again and in the mood to own one.  The Rickreal get together is the last part of June, you should try to make it. You can't ask for a friendlier group
of people to talk to about conversions. If you see me going down the highway you can't miss me, I'm that goofy looking guy with a grin from ear to ear.    BUR
1980 Prevost   8V92 HT754CR
Homebase   Yuma AZ

Offline Peabody

• Opal Dragon Creations
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 05:22:41 AM »
Don't worry , not just your opinion that swayed me,heck I have been told scarier stories,lol.The fact is we may have lost part of our retirement income due to this economy (the biggest part) we have to wait and see what happens. ::) Peabody

Offline Peabody

• Opal Dragon Creations
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 05:26:41 AM »
I did see that about BK.roflmao, talk about open mouth insert foot.  Peabody

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 07:18:08 AM »
Don't worry , not just your opinion that swayed me,heck I have been told scarier stories,lol.The fact is we may have lost part of our retirement income due to this economy (the biggest part) we have to wait and see what happens. ::) Peabody

Well, hang in there. This economy is scary and uncertain.  But when the stock market tanked in 1999, the advice for most (excluding those that actually had stock in the dot.com's) was to hold on to it.  The worst time to sell is right after the drop. Then you take the loss with no chance of getting it back and somebody else benefits from the rebound.  Unless there is probability that the company will fold, hang on to the deflated stock and wait for it to recover.  It was good advice then, let's hope it is now.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »
OK,OK,OK,I give up I'll stick around, love it here and really didn't want to leave.Plus I have to admit I do love them Eagles but I saw a Setra (spelling?)on-line that would make one awesome conversion.Shoot,wish I could afford the champagne that goes with my appetite,lol.Peabody

YOU GO GIRL!
and yes you spelled it correctly!

Now just so happens I know where a Setra is that probably could be bought very reasonably! (last heard about sitting in a storage lot in Seattle? or near there, lost in the repo shuffle!) Get a hold of Mark, and ask him if he has tracked down his old one yet? It's got a 60 Series in it and Mark knows it inside and out! It would be a good start for you.

Also haven't heard from him in a while but "HarLee" here on the board lives in Sequim, WA and is converting a Setra! Also there is Paul Hastings in Belle Plain, MN & Wayne Stanford in MI converting Setra's ! Paul is doing an awesome job on building a slide out on his (I saw it personally last month!). And Wayne just sent me some pics of his upgrades recently too! Wow I tell ya when a person starts converting a Setra they get inspired to do some awesome stuff! I can't wait till I get a chance to start on one of mine!

Quote from: Songman
Maybe look at buying something not converted and do some 'steel tenting' as you work on it. That is what most of us here are doing. There is enough experience and good helpful people on this forum that I think just about anyone can build a bus. I hope so or I am in trouble!

Either way, stay around. You don't have to own a bus to be here. You just have to love buses.

When Songman says tenting he means it! He'd have to put a tent on the sides of his to have privacy! LOL! (sorry Dale I couldn't resist!)

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=9767.0

Anyways stick around and enjoy this insanity! Oh yeah buying an economical GM is not a bad way to get started either, just remember not to try towing that heavy trailer set up you have planed with it! LOL! ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

VAN

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2008, 02:59:19 PM »
Bk his tent blew off on the way home ,he's sleeping under the stars LOL,sorry dale I could'nt help it either ::)van

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2008, 04:35:02 PM »
Having a bus is not a requirement to be a member, just being interested,  whether hardcore busnut or tossing it around in the back of your mind (definately something you want to think about first), all are welcome.

Now if they start a brain requirement ???, I 'll have to reconsider my membership ;D

i bought one already converted so i could get an rv loan from the credit union, no big out pocket expense, tax deduct like a house too,

plenty to fix but i use it now instead of waitng for me to get done

good luck and keep us posted.
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Songman

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2008, 05:30:45 PM »
Yeah, yeah, yeah... you guys! I may just leave the slides off an sleep in the nice carpeted bays!

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2008, 09:04:05 PM »
I showed someone else the pics of it going down the road like that. And to my surprise their response was "what hasn't that eagle owner earned his feathers yet?" LOL! ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Songman

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2008, 09:16:47 PM »
Now that right there is funny! haha

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2008, 09:19:36 PM »
Moulting season.   ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal