Author Topic: Fuel prices  (Read 6866 times)

Offline JohnEd

Fuel prices
« on: October 15, 2008, 10:04:05 PM »
Not sure if this must be in OT but I am sure it will find it way to wherever it should be... ???

From Reuters News Service:  We are currently exporting 1.6 million barrels of Gasoline and Diesel (finished petro products), not just unrefined crude with all it's waste product, per DAY.  That was the rate of export during the first 4 months of 2008.  That rate is 33% greater than in the same period of 2007.  WTF, over!  Can anyone enlighten me as to the wisdom of this?  Wouldn't that export serve to support the high price we are paying for fuel?

Help! :P

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
Re: Fuel prices
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 06:10:18 AM »
10/16/08.
reg gas = $2.75
Diesel = $3.49
MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 06:52:51 AM »
In Phoenix   gas $ 2.75  diesel $3.15 saw diesel at smaller locations for $2.99   
John the export will go on till other countries get changed over to the manufacture of the new fuel our EPA is the cause with the new engines we force on the world so we pay

Offline jjrbus

• MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 07:00:03 AM »
I envision this going to  "off topic".  After doing some reading the export of fuel seems to be in our best interest, I'm not saying it is, "they"  whoever they are make it seem that we benefit from this.

The one that raises my hackels is "spash and dash"   100's of millions of $$$$ subsidizing Euorpean fuel.  They have know about it for two years and still have done nothing!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,366601,00.html

Type    splash and dash     into your search bar for an eyeopener!!!
Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Offline belfert

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 07:37:54 AM »
We some of that cheap diesel here!  $2.72 for gasoline and $3.64 for diesel!
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline chvyman

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:08:02 AM »
                               $2.46 unleaded
                               $3.45 diesel
                             here in waco,tx
                                                  Bob "Chevyman"

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 08:37:47 AM »
The outlook for you fall travelers looks pretty good based on the futures market - I predict that some of you (states like Texas,Oklahoma,Missouri) will report reg. @ $1.99 and diesel @ $2.39 by Turkey Day but it probably won't last long - FWIW
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline TomC

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 08:44:02 AM »
Here in Los Angeles-king of high prices- regular $3.37; Diesel $3.45. Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 08:49:37 AM »
I haven't seen any yet, but apparently there are now some places here where fuel prices have dropped below £1/litre.

At 99.99p per litre and with the current very weak pound/dollar exchange rate this means our fuel still cost the equivalent of $6.44 per US gallon. A couple months ago it was well over $8/gallon

Either way it kind of puts your prices in perspective. I'd certainly like to know where our supposedly US-subsidized fuel is for sale.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

Offline buddydawg

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 08:52:33 AM »
Augusta GA

Diesel: 3.58
Gasoline: 2.95
1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA

Offline Sojourner

• Jesus Love You!
    • Jesus Love You!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »
JohnEd and JimR:

This a good example of how this topic is being read but never read the inside of poster's topic....no wonder why we get confusion about how or why of whatever being the subject of. Now I know why my answers are not always being read. They jump in without reading what other had said. Sad, Sad, Sad, Sad.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About JohnEd & JimR topic....thanks for alarming us (whoever read it) about the subsidy of our money being spend over sea and USA is paying to the nose for our diesel prices.

Hope they put the brakes on this subsidy and $1 per gallon to the middle man for doing nothing at tax payer expense.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald
http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him

Songman

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 09:44:19 AM »
I hate all of you!   ;) ;) ;)

We are still paying $3.27 for regular out here! I talked to a friend in OK yesterday and couldn't believe they were paying less than $2.50 per gallon for regular gas...

Offline jjrbus

• MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 10:58:55 AM »

About JohnEd & JimR topic....thanks for alarming us (whoever read it) about the subsidy of our money being spend over sea and USA is paying to the nose for our diesel prices.

Hope they put the brakes on this subsidy and $1 per gallon to the middle man for doing nothing at tax payer expense.

Jerry it has been going on for some time, congress has know about it and does nothing!!  It would seem a president with any backbone would step in and stop it!! They do have the authority.

What I cannot track down is who this middleman is??  It would seem that it is a select group of people with very powerful connections. It does not appear to be companys such as Exxon or others.  Jim
Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »
All of you are great.  I can see that some missed the "topic" of the post, as Gerry pointed out.  Still, you are all great.

FOX news....HMMMM? ::)  A Republican Congressman named John Shadegg out of AZ. ....HMMM?  That is a common and always suspicious coupling in my book.  Shadegg's comment seems to point out that "splash and dash" is going on and that it is the "failure" of congress that permitts it.  Here again, "BOOO CONGRESS". That broad brush of condemnation that disgusts many Americans and holds down voter turnout.  That is a political strategy to win elections and fuel prices is being used to that end.  Congress is the problem....sure!....now follow the money and see if the trail leads to the bank acct of Congress.  “I think the bad actors are the members of Congress who are allowing this to happen.” Hooey!  Some need put out to pasture but "all"...I think not.  VOTE your fuel cost conscience.  One candidate said last night "we will certainly look at drilling off shore and we will also say to the lease holders of drilling rights all over this nation(some 65 thousand something big) that you will start drilling there and use your lease or lose your lease".  Loose quote, sorry.  I cheered in my living room.

I paid $3.15 per here in Eugene.  The price is coming down and I like that.  I would not be so upset about gas prices were it not that some crud seems to up the price when he wants to and he puts enormous profits in his pocket as a motive.  I can't do much about that if I can't elect a guy/girl that is sympathetic to my plight.  Living on a fixed income makes this doubly scary.

That $1 a gallon isn't a cash outlay from the Gummint.  It is a "tax deduction".  What fool is going to expect you to believe that the IRS is not aware of who is claiming the deduction?  WHAT FOOL?  I believe I qualify for that deduction for the BioD that I make although I have never claimed it.  You don't have to be a commercial entity but you have to have records to prove your production.  That subsidy is directed at subsidizing our home grown Bio industry and the Bio community lobbied hard for it.  They deserve it as far as I am concerned as they are making a serious effort to help with pollution and Warming.  Sure it may be a drop in the bucket but what ever happened to "the principle of the thing" and the peace corps and the Boy Scouts or just charity?  Why is "Do Gooder" an insult.  "Doo Badder" would be a complement, going by that logic.

You close the "loopholes" and provide proper incentives and you will bring down the cost of fuel....at least by some margin. 

Thank you all,

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline Nissan_DownUnder

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 04:37:09 PM »
Hi

Here in NZ we are currently paying US$3.80 per US gallon. 

We import all of our oil, so are totally dependant on the international market prices.  Even so a large percentage of the cost at the pump goes to the Govt as taxes.

Cheers
        Peter

Peter
Nissan UA440,  Wellington, New Zealand

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal