Author Topic: 98 prevost front bumper can I push it?  (Read 5124 times)

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
Re: 98 prevost front bumper can I push it?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 06:04:26 PM »
What a scary thought! was funny   ::) PS: Boys came by 98 is all tucked away in it's private bay with motor and trans in position to slide in:Going to Mich next week to pick up last of body parts. Life is good.  Bob.
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

artvonne

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 09:15:57 PM »
  I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say. You take a section of heavy pipe, like 3 inch perhaps, and run a heavy chain through it so it comes out the other end. You loop the chain hook through your tow hook, and hook the chain hook to the chain, then slide the pipe up agianst the chain hood, and pull the chain taut at the other end of the pipe.

Now you have a push/pull pole directly connected to your Bus. Now you loop the chain sticking out of the pipe through a hook on your push vehicle and do the same thing, pull the vehicle up tight against the pipe, and fasten the chain so there is no slack. You may need to shorten the chain, or you could connect the chain ends together, possibly using and additional chain, etc..

Basically, you have a tube (the pipe) with a chain through it, and attachment points at each end. If you push the pipe, you push the Bus, if you stop or slow, the chain checks you. 

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 04:33:18 AM »
Thanks for info I had thought about that but only had about 60ft of rock in front of shop: and 16 inches of rain in last 2 weeks. Not enough turning radius either.Actually got back close and chocked it good and drag front around to line up to go straight in(also had Winch truck on rear) when boys came by we winched her in part of the way; blocked again so we could get truck out other bay(no rear door)and last put a 8by 8 on the gradeall and pushed square on front with a little up lift into place(had a safety chain).Reason we winched in part of the way was so we could get in front of the bus with the gradeall ;hasn't rained for 4 days here but still can't cut grass.  Thanks to all for the Ideas and support.  Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal