Author Topic: Moderation  (Read 8421 times)

Offline Runcutter

• Runcutter.com
Re: Moderation
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 12:59:01 PM »
OK, I'll chime in here (even though I may be sorry later).  I seldom post on the other board because, when I started reading it, there were a lot of negative, sarcastic, and perhaps even nasty comments.  I'm too old to have to put up with that stuff.  

When stuff is directed at me, I vote with my feet - and go away (or, in this context, become inactive/lurk - but stop contributing).  When I see the negative comments directed at another, person, company, etc. - I wonder if it's preventing other new members from becoming active.  I never see a reason to hurt someone else's feelings; and if I know there's a topic that's sensitive/emotional to someone, I won't bring it up or participate.  For example, I was working in Atlanta last week, when folks wanted to talk about the political situation, I just kept on with my bus schedule analysis work.

What I found different about this board is the general civility; live and let live, do it your way approach.  I, for one, appreciate the moderators, and the work they must do sometimes to keep things civil.  I don't want to have to avoid threads because they have some hot button word that will always bring a response from someone - and it's surprising that it always seems to be some negative response - think Corvair and Ralph Nader; sugar doughnuts and Richard Simmons.    

We all live by our reputations, and how we're perceived by others.  I've run into someone that has the front outside dash panel for my 4107, I'd like to replace the one dented by the previous owner.  However, because of the individual's posting personality, there's no way I'd do business with him if there was any, repeat, any other option.

Yes, perceptions can change.  I'm glad to see Ace's participation here now.  The way I read some earlier posts, I couldn't always say that I enjoyed the flavor of his posts.  Now, if I meet Ace, I'd like to shake his hand.

So, moderators, thanks for the work.  Other potential participants (new members, lurkers), don't let a minority of acid tongues keep you from participating - as I have with the other board.  For all of us, in posting habits, maybe a thought is what our reputation/report card would say in the "plays well with others" category.  

Passenger Chime switch off.

Arthur      
Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
Former owner of a 1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »
Back only a few days from your banishment for doing this and once again it starts, how can trolling like this bring you so much pleasure, and I'm sure the fine people at Eagle feel badly that they didn't meet your expectations either.  Being an eagle owner I'm proud of the bus I chose and love, I find no pleasure in pointing out the failings of MCI or any other bus, I don't revel in the problems they have with air bags, nor do I take pleasure in the fact that they had to file bankruptsy, I feel that anytime a bus company has problems, as a bus community we all loose.

Cody,

To some, any attention is good!    Even if its Bad attention!

Its called psycho-something.............

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Songman

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 01:05:40 PM »
I see that the time out and moderator warning didn't help. Most of us knew it wouldn't. Lots of people have left the forum over one person. What a shame. I have joined them and I am sure I won't be missed by the ones causing it. As I said in another post, anyone who does value my input or friendship knows how to get in touch with me.

Offline johns4104s

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 01:22:43 PM »
Teke,

Rust lets talk rust.
I acquired a 1981 MCI 9 from a friend of mine, The coach was a none rest room  configuration so spent its whole life  ( 210.000 miles) as a airport shuttle. During the stop and paint conversion phase he had difficulty removing some of the paint on the side panels. So he removed both sides and replaced them with a thicker material. However when the side panels were removed they exposed a mess of rusted tubing, which had rusted though and had to be replaced.

This bus had spent it whole working carrier from 1981 til 2003 in Orlando Florida.

John

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal