Author Topic: Help? Need a Tire in Missouri  (Read 9952 times)

Dallas

Help? Need a Tire in Missouri
« on: November 16, 2008, 01:35:21 PM »
Hey all,
We are in Seymour, Missouri with a bad tire. It seems the casing is fine but the tread decided it didn't want to stay stuck to the carcass any more.  :P
This came as a great surprise to Cat and I and to our three fuzzy bundles of joy.. the kitties.

The good thing about this is that there is no longer any mud, dust, dirt, spiders, or Mud Dauber nests hanging around in the wheel well.

The bad thing is that there isn't a lot left of the back part of the wheel well either.. something else to fix.

What we need is a half decent 11.00X20 bias ply tire to match our other ones, or at least approximate them. We will call around tomorrow and see if there is a junk yard that has some used take offs for a decent price. In the meantime, if anyone knows of anything in the area, please let us know!

Thanks,

Dallas

Offline Melbo

• MC8 under construction
Re: Help? Need a Tire in Missouri
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 03:05:14 PM »
Dallas and Cat

There is rt 44 bus sales in sarcoxie Mo and the RV salvage place Colaw RV but both are the other side of springfield west of you.

I don't know anyplace east of Springfield.

Keep up posted on how things go.

Melbo
If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF

Dallas

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 03:24:33 PM »
Yup, Sarcoxie is almost to Joplin, and quite a bit farther than I really want to run singled out.

Thanks for trying.
Dallas

Dallas and Cat

There is rt 44 bus sales in sarcoxie Mo and the RV salvage place Colaw RV but both are the other side of springfield west of you.

I don't know anyplace east of Springfield.

Keep up posted on how things go.

Melbo

Offline Skykingrob

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 06:45:46 PM »
Hey Dallas
Wayne St.Onge lives in Seymore and used to run a bus sales place in Sarcoxie. Last time I saw his place in Seymore he had 4-5 eagles, plus all kinds of parts, tires, wheels, etc. This would be a good first try. An old cell phone number for him is 417-437-1816, don't know if it is current.  Cross Midwest Truck Tire in Strafford is not far from you, 417-736-2999. TA truck Stop 417-736-2161, B and I Tire, 417-882-5063, Chappell's Tire, 417-866-7256, Howard Hohnson's Tire Shop (used truck tires), 417-869-1004.

Hope this helps, I am about 40 minutes west of you. If I can help, my cell is 417-eight 4 nine- three 3 two six. I work from 0600 to 1600 but could help after that.

Rob
91 LeMirage XL
Missouri

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 06:54:35 PM »
Thanks Rob, Wow, you are on the ball with this information.  I'll start making phone calls to them tomorrow morning.  Cat
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Offline scenicruiser997

• Owner of two Scenicruisers and one PD4905 Buffalo
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 07:47:40 AM »
Dallas or Cat, I don't know if this is any help, but I have a set of 9 newly regroved 10:00 x R 20
I paid $35.00 a piece a couple months ago for my Scenicruiser.  But I have since got a set of Steel 22.5 wheels to install on the old girl.
Aaron

Offline scenicruiser997

• Owner of two Scenicruisers and one PD4905 Buffalo
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 07:49:15 AM »
Down here in Mounds, Oklahoma. 
Aaron

Offline TomC

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 08:26:24 AM »
Dallas- Maybe time to upgrade from split rim tube type bias ply tires (of which no truck or bus uses anymore) to the tubeless radial tires.  They run cooler and have much less rolling resistance-translated, you'll get better fuel mileage.  About the only disadvantage to tubeless radials is the cost and of course their sidewalls are not as strong as the old bias tires-helpful if you kiss a curb (don't ask how I know that).  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 08:46:20 AM »
Dallas & Cat,
I know there is a truck salvage yard back around Mountain View, MO on US 60  before it turns into the 4 lane. I don't recall a name or anything, but I know they are there. Maybe there is someone who will know who or how to find out how to contact them. Hope this helps. FWIW  ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 09:18:39 AM »
Thanks everyone. We found a place that located us one and it will be delivered to his shop this afternoon.  His shop is only 1/2 mile from us so it will be easy to limp over there.  We really appreciate all the help and suggestions.

Dallas

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 04:15:59 AM »
Thanks Everyone for the help!

We got our tire.. a Nearly new take-off 11.00X20 with flap and tube, mounted and installed for $110 total.

I almost becrapped myself when he gave us the price as the tire had to be freighted from another shop over in Springfield, about 40 miles.
I figured that with freight, mounting, balancing, tire disposal fee and tax the cost would be closer to $200.

This is a great place to deal with, and I promised the owner that I would post his information here for all to see.... so here it is:

The Tire Shed
Carl and Karen Grabher -Owners
Open Weekdays 8-5 and Saturdays 8-12
708 E. Steel Street,
Seymour, Mo. 65746
(417) 935-2538

Thanks Carl for the Tire and the Help!

Dallas

Ncbob

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 03:45:57 PM »
Hey Booboo, hug the KittyCat for us. What in the name of Heaven are you doing in MO? We're once again at the Farm in FL for the winter and we send our best to both of you and the kitties too. We've got 5 Humane Society horses that came from a farm where they were STARVING! They're getting fat and less sassy now.
And of course we have our share of doggies, kitties and whatever wanderers who happen by.

Please do take care of each other for us.....

If I could only win the lottery....we'd get you a newer bus!

Jackie & Bob

Dallas

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 04:58:05 PM »
Hiya Bob!

Too late.. we aren't in Misery any more... we're in beautiful Oh.....Klahoma, where the wind comes whippin' down the plains!
and the Wavin', ..... ahhh, geeez, that song is still stuck in my head. One of the best Musicals ever produced.

We'll be sitting here for awhile working on our bus and working on another fellows 102C3. Then it's off to another place here in OK to look at a couple of Csenics and maybe get my fingers greasy on them.

From there we will head to OKC to the Old Trailways Terminal where We hope they will let us pull in and take a photo of our bus in it's old stall. I've been told that the terminal is slated to be torn down soon and our PD-4103 was based out of the OKC office. It would be fitting for the Coach and the Terminal to see each other again after 56 years.

From there, we're heading to Texas for a bit and then on to AlbeTurkey, NM to motivate Melbo into getting rid of that MCI and buying a PD4905.

From there, we have no idea which direction we'll go.. maybe skip the country and head for Belize! LOL

You take care of Jackie for us, and don't let the knothead nags get the best of you!

Dallas

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 05:24:45 AM »
Hey Dallas, I thought you wanted to be some place warm this winter.   ;) ;D

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 07:06:27 AM »
That was the plan but apparently we pulled a "Cody" and brought the cold with us.  It is up to 20 here right now and my poor little fingers are so cold. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal