Author Topic: Unbelieveable Tour Bus Driver!  (Read 11434 times)

Offline usbusin

• '60 PD4104-4355 (sold) and '01 Freightliner (sold)
Unbelieveable Tour Bus Driver!
« on: May 19, 2009, 12:50:07 PM »
I sure hope this is not typical conduct for tour bus drivers.  Wow!  A potential for a disaster.  Why didn't the passenger taking the video tell the driver to cease?

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/341993.html
Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years (150,000 miles)
USTRUCKIN was our 2001 Freightliner Truck Conversion for 19 years (135,000 miles)
We are busless and truckless after 35 years of traveling

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
Re: Unbelieveable Tour Bus Driver!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 04:46:07 PM »
I agree, very bad form.  The unbelievable part for me was how well the bus handled. 

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Offline Hartley

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 04:52:39 PM »
Yeah.. The guy with the camera saw what he wanted to see too!

Another case of "lets make a mountain out of a mole hill!"

Yes I agree that some attention span work is needed by that driver
especially looking to see what the passengers are doing behind him, And
all of us have been guilty of fiddling with stuff while going down the road,
Even people who don't drive a bus....

That must have been a really good driving bus too!.. No steering wander
or drift to keep the driver busy....

I know I will get flamed over this.... Buuuutttt......

There is a reason there are 3-mirrors.. Left, Right and Inside.... All get scanned..
You never know what idiot is behind you taking pictures or what made that noise
that started when you swerved...( Bottles falling out of cabinets!!!)...

Ho Ho .. Ha ha....
Never take a knife to a gunfight!

Offline Zeroclearance

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 05:15:13 PM »
I would be curious to find out how long he was driving for..

He looked very able, coming up to the semi and having very little steering input while thumbing thru his paperwork.

It looked like he would use his left leg as some input??

He probably wishes he could hit the "Redo" button.

Airbag

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 05:30:10 PM »

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 06:08:25 PM »
I gotta say that my first reaction was, "Wow, I wish my bus drove like that."  Then reading the responses seemed to show that everyone was thinking the same thing. 
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »
Well, my thoughts were, if the guy with the camera didn't like the way the driver wasn't paying attention, why didn't he say something to the driver rather than calling the company and the Port Authority? He was sitting right there.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Airbag

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »
The driver had it under control. Its no worse than signaling for a turn while your screaming on the PA telling the little bastards to sit down and braking and actuating the warning lamps all at the same time, just what a school bus driver does everyday.

You would cringe if you could see what goes on in the cockpit of an airliner, you just can't see it. Wheels up feet up I'll have the chicken. ;D

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 02:49:35 AM »
Aw geeze, the fellow making the video and complaining is just mad he can't hold the camera as steady as ole Sam T does the bus! Besides if you'll notice Sam's hands really are on the wheel most of the time! He's just resting the backside of his hand on the wheel to steady it! Now as far as all the things he's doing? Well looks like he's just bored, ya know slow day at the office no accidents, no traffic jams, no BS. Might as well catch up on paper work right? Shoot the guy complaining needs to get a LIFE! Man Sam is doing a fine job, handling that bus! But I too am surprised that an MCI stayed that steady. I would have expected it from a SETRA, but not an MCI!  LOL! ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

cody

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 05:06:40 AM »
I could have sworn he was driving an iggle by the way it tracks lol.

Offline junkman42

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 06:35:57 AM »
I could have sworn that was My bus.  Don't all bus or coaches handle that way?  LOL John

Offline lostagain

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 06:56:30 AM »
We used to shuttle skiers up and down to Sunshine Village Ski Area near Banff before the gondola was built in '78. On the way up, we'd have a coffee in one hand and the radio mike in the other. Dead heading down, add to that a coffee, a cigarette, an egg sandwich, while shifting gears and reading the paper!

In the summer time, we always gave the verbal commentary with the goose neck microphone while driving.

Nowadays, it is different: I won't even answer my cell phone while driving the hockey team's bus...

JC
JC
Blackie AB
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740 (sold)
2007 Country Coach Magna, Cummins ISX

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 09:46:35 AM »
First time I watched it, I didn't see what the fuss was all about, so I watched it again to make sure of what I saw.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't see anything that merited an expose or crucifixion.

It should be obvious to anyone that the narrator was very biased against the driver.
Claimed heavy rain, but the W/S wiper was in intermittent.
Claimed a swerve but only showed minor wheel movement.
Claimed close traffic at 65mph, well DUH! what do you expect on the interstate? Any farther away & someone would have been out of their lane.
Never mentioned the frequent mirror checks the driver made, seems to me the driver was very aware of his surroundings.
Didn't mention driver was keeping up with traffic & in the correct lane - the middle lane, passing some in the right lane & getting passed on the left. He wasn't speeding or blocking traffic.

The reality is that someone either has an axe to grind or is suffering from a chicken little complex. While the bus driver had some distractions, he didn't cause any problems and was smooth in his handling of the coach.

I'd be very interested in knowing the details behind the narrator & what qualified them to create this biased & inflammatory expose.

There are much worse dangers out there than this driver. Things like a little Napoleon running around with a video camera to make movies demonstrating the inherent malicious intent of others.

To those that think this driver is a manace to society, may I suggest you retire to a bunker & stay there.

To me, the unbelievable part is that few question the motives behind the film producer.
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 09:49:08 AM »
I have made it an unbreakable rule that one can drive and eat at the same time or drive and do paper work at the same time, but you can not drive, eat, and do paperwork at the same time.
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline busshawg

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 10:12:17 AM »
wonder how many truck drivers are doing their log book while going down the road?
Have Fun!!
Grant

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal