Author Topic: OK now here this! I was asked by several members about another W. TN Bus Rally!  (Read 12861 times)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
OK several nuts have asked me about holding another W. TN bus rally around the end of September!
So's I'm game if ya'll are!
Look the weather will be perfect not to hot, not to cold!

I say we start planning now!
Call it a rally, non-rally, a gathering, a getogether, anything you want to call it! Just don't call me late for supper! LOL!
I can tell yas all I will be here and we will take a bus a SETRA (not just any bus!) to Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston, MO one day during the "event"! (we have enough good employees that I can actually take a week end off once in a while now days! LOL!)
So if we got a guy who's willing to come all the way from CA, a couple from NC, MI, OH and another from VA, then you should be able to too!
It could be the last one were able to have here at this place!
So don't be shy let us know who's planning to come and we'll make plans to have a real down home good time!
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

cody

count us in BK

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com

Will I have to fight for my place under the oak tree.

uncle ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
BK,
  I doubt if we can make a Sept. rally, BUT, I think we will be at your place on Monday or Tuesday.  Can you send me an address for our GPS.  We are presently sitting at a AL State Historical Park near Montgomery and heading to Hazel Green, AL today to visit a couyple busnuts over the weekend.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline Busted Knuckle

Quote from: JackConrad
BK,
  I doubt if we can make a Sept. rally, BUT, I think we will be at your place on Monday or Tuesday.  Can you send me an address for our GPS.  We are presently sitting at a AL State Historical Park near Montgomery and heading to Hazel Green, AL today to visit a couyple busnuts over the weekend.  Jack

OK Jack, & anybody else! 
our address is;
4880 & 4884 Claude Tucker Rd.
Union City, TN 38261

But let me warn you that the GPS will try to put us about 1/4 mile down the road from where we are!
If you come up Hwy 22 from exit 108 on I-40 and follow it all the way to where it merges with US 51 in Union City, but don't make that left turn onto 51! Just stay straight ahead on the 2 lane rd after the turn which is Section Line Rd. Then turn right on the 2nd road to the right which is Claude Tucker Rd. (almost 2 miles) The sign keeps getting stolen by kids, but there are some small bright yellow sings that say S&S outdoors on the corner!  Follow Claude Tucker up and around the bend our drive way is just before the first house on the right! Our shop sits way off the road, but can be seen from the road!
We'll be here looking for ya!

Quote from: uncle ned
Will I have to fight for my place under the oak tree.

uncle ned

Nope it has your name on it and I'll run anyone who try's to take it from you off! I am imagining that Don will want his same spot too!
Oh and Don don't worry, if there is a Dina running around here we'll make sure it is one of our "trained" drivers in it! LOL! (sorry couldn't resist!)

Quote from: cody
count us in BK

We'll have a light and the coffee pot on fer ya!
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com

Jack be sure and make the first right turn into BK'S  It is a long way before you can turn around with out dropping your toad.

Don't ask how i know.

All are enjoying your account of the great adventure.  may get to follow you this fall.

uncle ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline eaglekelly

Bryan and I would like to come and meet you.  We"re both from Nashville, but we're living in southern Mississippi now.  Let us know when.

Bryan & Mary Kelly

Offline Don Fairchild

BK;

I will be there with my with my toad, the same one as last time. Before anybody tries to back up I want a chance to get out of the way. lol I need to make sure I reserve the place under the tree next to Ned and Wilma. Man that's a great spot.

Hey if I brought about 6-8 tritip roasts can we rent a smoker for the week end or should I bring my Weber BBQ.

speak up everybody and lets have a great time before winter.

Gary Linda what say you

Don

Offline Busted Knuckle

Quote from: Don Fairchild
BK;

I will be there with my with my toad, the same one as last time. Before anybody tries to back up I want a chance to get out of the way. lol I need to make sure I reserve the place under the tree next to Ned and Wilma. Man that's a great spot.

Hey if I brought about 6-8 tritip roasts can we rent a smoker for the week end or should I bring my Weber BBQ.

speak up everybody and lets have a great time before winter.

Gary Linda what say you

Don

Don bring them on a smoker will be here! Call an hr out and I'll have it lit, hot, and ready!

Bryan and I would like to come and meet you.  We"re both from Nashville, but we're living in southern Mississippi now.  Let us know when.

Bryan & Mary Kelly

Your welcome to drop in ANYTIME. I'm not sure of the dates for this shindig. I'm going to let Don decide them as he will most likely be coming the farthest from CA, and he is the main one who asked if it was doable again! Don mentioned the end of September!

Quote from: uncle ned
Jack be sure and make the first right turn into BK'S  It is a long way before you can turn around with out dropping your toad.

Don't ask how i know.

All are enjoying your account of the great adventure.  may get to follow you this fall.

uncle ned

Oh yeah I did hear something about that! LOL! By the the way don't forget your back up incase the toad fails! LOL!

Also if ya miss Claude Tucker Rd you can turn left just past it on Lindenwood, then left on Bethlehem Rd, left on Clifford Rives Rd, and left back onto Section Line then right on Claude Tucker Rd.

All of ya'll are welcome with or without a bus!
;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Dallas

For what it's worth, and Your mileage may vary.....

Ky Lakeside Travel, (BK's Place) should be located at:

36° 27' 56" N
89° 0' 3.57" W

At least that's where our bus was parked during the last rally.

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
BK we would love to make it to your "rally".  We will be vendors at an FMCA rally in Shawnee, OK the week of Sept. 21.  If your event is scheduled the next week we might be able to get there.  It is about 600 miles from Shawnee to your place, so it would take us a couple of days. 

There is an Eagle rally in KS on Sept 17-19, so you might pick up a few of those folks as well

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline belfert

There is a small chance I might be able to get down there again.  I am leaving Sept 29th for 8 days of fun with the bus so the last weekend in September is out for me.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline Danny

• 87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...
    • Personal Web Page
Hey,

I am back on the bus after about 9 months off.  I hope to have it up and going by that time - I would love to come to West Tennessee. 

Danny
I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)

Offline Busted Knuckle

All right this has been dropping down the pages faster than Cody can come up with one liners  ;D !
So I am bumping it up again!
Now I am sure we have decided it is a go!

And as I was speaking to Don (Fairchild) on the phone the other day he said and I quote "I am bringing the Tri-tips, since you said we'd have a way of cooking them!"

Also it was mentioned that I have the need to rebuild an engine or 2 in the near future and Don reminded me he has excellent prices on parts for this.
And it was mentioned that I might just have him bring the parts with him when he comes and we could do a seminar on it while we rebuilt one of the engines here during the rally!

I think a rally and detailed photos and story of Don rebuilding an 8V92 engine with parts & labor donated (by him) would make a great write off advertisement for him as a great story for the magazine!

I have a 60 Series in dire need of being rebuilt.
I also have a super clean 8V92 DDEC that has an issue with it (may not need much at all!). I only know what the folks that  we got the bus from told us er lied to us! (really I don't know if they lied about it or not, but after all the other things they lied about it would not surprise me at all!)
The engine is honestly one of the cleanest engines I have seen that has been run down the road and not detailed afterward, and then sat for a yr before I saw it. Then it sat for 2 yrs before we had it hauled home and people still look at it and say things about how clean it is!
The story they gave on it is that they built it out of a junk yard engine and put it in the bus and ran one trip from Rexburg, ID to Salt Lake City, UT and back and found coolant in the oil! The mechanic said when he told the boss about it that the boss told him "park it out back I'm tired of fooling with it!" (how true it is, we don't know!)

So anyway folks lets get together and decide on some dates and details so we can start this party rolling!

I will again offer our place to any and all who come on a donation basis! We know have a deep freeze and large Stainless fridge in the shop. We have water, dump station, restroom, and shower available at no charge. As well as a couple of 30 AMP hook ups for a small fee to cover the electricity used. 

;D  BK  ;D

www.kylakesidetravel.net

cody

I'd like to request my usual spot if it's available lol, I'd also like to volunteer my engine for any seminars that don would like to put on, in particular it could be volunteered for a turbo/exhaust seminar lol, even maybe a brake adjusting seminar and possibly a hub seal replacement seminar lol.  One of the things we'll be bringing is some of our DJ equipment and a few thousand cd's from early rock to late rock, early country to late country and even some of BK's favorite rap songs.  I may even have music to loosen rusted bolts with.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal