Author Topic: West Tennessee Busnut gathering @ BK's!  (Read 150179 times)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
West Tennessee Busnut gathering @ BK's!
« on: July 20, 2009, 08:43:28 AM »
OK well we have determined that we are going to have a gathering, rally, getogether, whatever ya wanna call it! Just be here!

Alright the main man that started this shindig by asking me if I would be willing to have one more in late September before the bulldozers come in and plow it all to become the new I-69 is Don Fairchild from Bakersfield, CA.
Don has not yet given us any exact dates yet, but he says the end of September.

Since he is going to be driving all the way from CA & bringing the Tri-tips, we are going to ask him to set the dates!
I have already told Don if he brings them we will have a cooker here to cook them!

OK I know Don, Cody & Libby, Slow Rider, Uncle Ned & Wilma are planning to be here. I have also have several others that said they were gonna try. I think Mike Hill & his son Jay Knight will be here (not confirmed, but probably!) Also I know Danny has expressed that he was going to try. Come on folks let us know if your thinking about it so we can get some plans in the works!

I am going to have the field bush hogged  in the next week or so so that it has time to dry out the cut grass.
Uncle Ned & Don have agreed to by the care takers to the drive in the curve under the big Oak trees! I'll have plenty of other spots too! Cody will be up near the shop so he can keep the coffee and bull going all the time!If Mike & Jay make it they too will need to be near the shop so Jay can be close to the action with out having to find his way around all over the plantation.

We have water, a dump station, a couple electric hook ups, and lots of dry camping area available!

Also if there are none of our (charter) buses needing repairs, our shop/pit will be available for inspections and minor repairs!

We are going to use Cody's Iggle for a demonstrator unit and do a small seminar on replacing his exhaust gaskets, checking his turbo out, and repairing a wheel seal! (and anything else we find while we are at it!)

If ya come early or stay late ya might be able to convince Cody to make saw dust for ya.

If ya got something ya want done to yer coach let us know ahead of time so we can schedule it. We do just about anything mechanical and service related! And with experienced nuts around to help we might just do special projects too! (time allowing!)

So come on floks chime in and let us know if ya will be here, might be here, or want to get something done while ya here. 

DON can we set dates to make it easier for others to plan by?[/size]

;D  BK  ;D

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=12327.msg129441#msg129441
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline zimtok

• Eddie Smith, the reason for having the bus
Re: West Tennessee Busnut gathering @ BK's!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 08:54:46 AM »
I know the when is still up in the air, but where exactly is this going to take place?

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

Offline Don Fairchild

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 09:21:31 AM »
Bryce;

I am still looking at the last week end of Sept. The 25-27Th if that helps.

I have my bus running but am moving a lot of my electrical around ( moving batt,s rewiring the inverter and so on)
I still need to buy tires before I get on the road. I plan of leaving BAK. around the 20Th of Sept and making a few stops along the way to show off our product. At this time we are waiting for the university of cal. riverside to do the on board testing of a 12V71TI we rebuild and installed in a 138ft crew boat. Should happen some by the end of this month.

Hope to see a lot of busnuts there. Chris armstrong and his wife have said they will come down from MI to attend.

I have six tri tips ready to go, Do we need more.

Don

cody

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 09:25:04 AM »
My iggle is all goosebumpy lol.

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 01:10:32 PM »
;D  OK WE NOW HAVE DATES ! ! !   ;D

September 25th, 26th, & 27th, 2009
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 01:24:38 PM »
Of course early arrivals and late departures are always welcome too!

Don the more busnuts the merrier!

Zimtok it will be @ our place half way between Union City TN Wal-Mart Super Center & Fulton, KY Super Center!
Our physical address is 4880 & 4884 Claude Tucker Rd. Union City, TN (but GPS's & Streets and trips will show you a wrong location!)

Cody we won't be having any bodywork seminars this time!

We are way back off the road on the first of 2 parallel gravel drives on the left, just before the first house on the right if you come in from Section Line Rd!
We will try to park a bus out near the road to make us easier to find!  (Frank can we borrow yer's again?)

On Sunday we will take a bus over to Lambert's Cafe (Home of the throwed Rolls!) in Sikeston/Miner, MO ! ;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

cody

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 01:27:46 PM »
No body work seminars? does this mean that nobody can run over dons truck? twice? lol  And no, I'm not the culprit, at least not yet lol.

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 01:48:09 PM »
No body work seminars? does this mean that nobody can run over dons truck? twice? lol  And no, I'm not the culprit, at least not yet lol.

No it doesn't mean that ! He takes it back home to CA and has it fixed!

;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Offline Lonnie time to go

• Lonnie
  • Saginaw, Michgan
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 04:59:39 PM »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( 

I have not made a rally yet with the bus.  I so wish I could make this one but the bus is far from completion. Wow just the thought of making a trip down south sounds so cool.
Lonnie
1976 4905

cody

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 05:56:29 PM »
Lonnie, if a completed bus was a requirement, there would be very few buses at any of the rallys. lol

Offline gmbusguy1

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »
Hey Don, maybe Cherie and I will meet up with you at Bontrager's and have us a convoy to BK's

Chris

how about you Cody ?

cody

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »
When we head for BK's we normally head straight down thru wisconsin, for us to hit the bridge and then head south we need to go 250 miles east, after you guys get done at bontragers the only thing left would be the dust on the floor anyway lol.  We're at the west end of the UP, directly north of chicago.

Offline gmbusguy1

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 07:28:33 PM »
Cody, I would drive 250 miles out of my way just to go around the Windy city

LOL

Chris

ps Don gets to sweep up the floor

Offline MattC

• Recycled DART Bus 8284
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »
Trying to convince 'She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed' that this would be a GREAT shakedown for the old beater.   I'll let you know as the discussion develops.  LoL.   

Currently without marching orders, I intend to attend. ;)

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 08:57:18 PM »
COME ONE,COME ALL! Let's make this one to remember! Just think you'll be able to tell yer grand kids I slept there before it was I-69!

All are welcome! No matter what shape your bus is in! Last time we had several who came busless, but left happy!

Bring the bus as a "steel tent" or bring car, PU, motorcycle whatever you chose! We have a shower available in the shop for anyone wishing to use it. Our neighbors aren't the nosy types who'll be checking to see if we have too many buses, or tents or what ever here on the property. They leave us alone and we leave them alone. Shoot some of 'm might even come over to see what's go'n on if we invite them! Matter of fact I might just invite Judge Morris to bring his S & S and join us even though he only lives on the next block and retired last month! His SIL Mark Jones will be coming by to see what the madness is about and to pick minds on how to do dis & dat, since he's gonna be the fab man when we do our conversion together! (I got the bus, he's got the metal working tools & skills! Now if we only knew someone who does wood! LOL!) ;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal