Author Topic: Building a preferred bus parts vendor list!  (Read 6560 times)

Offline grantgoold

Building a preferred bus parts vendor list!
« on: August 09, 2006, 12:09:44 PM »
Over the years I have read several posts and seen many more lists that identify bus part vendors. I have been leary of many as they appear to be nothing but lists generated by the Goggle :P  I wonder if a preferred vendor list might be developed that more accurately identifies those companies who are dedicated to the bus conversion nuts ;D.  These folks could be listed according to several criteria with comments on why they are so good. I realize the difficulty in keeping such a list, but if someone on this list recommends them and is willing to sign their name to the recommendation that goes along way in my book. Look what happend with the Spare Tire! 8)  Side note: Awesome job!

We could also bring the purchasing power of the "club" to the table when someone finds a rather unique vendor.  Just thinking of ways to increase our buying power, decrease our lessons learned from bad experiences and compete with the "eb....

I am in the sunny Bahamas with the family, miss the bus and have way too much time on my hands. ;)

Your thoughts?

Grant
Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California

Offline Rich (Prevost)

Re: Building a preferred bus parts vendor list!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 01:06:31 PM »
Grant,

You know you only need one name on that list...................................

Rich
800-468-5287

Offline Melbo

• MC8 under construction
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 05:30:26 PM »
Don't forget LUKE

Melbo
If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 05:30:47 PM »
Grant,
You know you only need one name on that list...................................
Rich
800-468-5287

Rich,

I wouldn't know! I'm still waiting on that catalog you promised you'd send me close to a year ago! LOL! BK ;D

but seriously Rich the address again is ;
Busted Knuckle's Bus Garage
PO Box 834
Union City, TN 38281

:) ;) :D We gonna have a Halloween Party at the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's 10/26-31/06 Come join in on the FUN! ;D :o ::)
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline grantgoold

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 06:00:18 PM »
Again, my intention is not to start turf wars but to get a list of vendors that pay particular attention to the busnut group. Clearly Luke and Rich are two names that would be a great beginning. This list could help all of us quickly find vendors and their contact information.

Perhaps the list could include:

Name of Company
Name of Primary Contact
Email address/website
Type of vendor
Area of focus (OEM,Body,Powerplant,Electrical,Interior,Exterior,Rubber,Glass..........)
Busnut comments

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!

Offline LUKE at US COACH

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 06:07:41 PM »
Hi Busted Knuckle and Folks:

The fact of the matter is that, One Supplier Can Not Be( Everything) to the Converted Coach Community, or to  any other  group or industry, iin my opinion!!!

There are things that each business does well, and in fact, we as Vendors compliment each other, again in my opinion.

I wish ALL, Happy & SAFE!!! Bussin.

LUKE at US COACH

Ncbob

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 03:54:56 PM »
Leave it to Luke to be a Gentleman.  Now, that's not to knock Rich in any way...but it's a business y'know...and when it comes to getting and satisfying customers they both, and a few others, have a great track record in that department. ;D

What someone really needs to do is to compile a list of bus garages, and/or mechanics (without bias or compensation) around the country where we, as BusNuts, can rely on the recommendations and personal experiences of the "Brotherhood of the Bus". :)

I cannot imagine, at my age and financial insufficiency, traveling across "the fruited plains" of our country without a good data base of competent mechanics, shops and facilities which might keep me this side of 'stroke city' should a calamity arise. :-\

We now have a database of BusNuts who, listed by State thanks to Dave Seigel of Cruiser Magazine. who will come to our assistance and offer whatever help they can...but there are times when we need the help of Professionals to solve our problems.

In fairness to MAK....I would think that somone with the ablilty might... wish to put such a database together (with the proper legal disclaimer for users) to recommend our favorite shop or mechanic for the benefit of others. ;)

Just my $.0.02

Bob

Offline Ross

• www.newindsports.com
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 04:02:19 PM »
Luke is being humble :)   

There are really only a few bus parts suppliers you need to know about....

Luke, Rich, Mohawk and MCI Parts.  I can't think of anything I'd need for the bus that one the them could not provide.   

Ross

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 06:16:01 PM »
Don't forget Southern Oregon Diesel on the west coast. If they do not have it, they will find it for you is my experience.
Richard

Luke is being humble :)   

There are really only a few bus parts suppliers you need to know about....

Luke, Rich, Mohawk and MCI Parts.  I can't think of anything I'd need for the bus that one the them could not provide.   

Ross
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline grantgoold

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 08:21:14 PM »
Here we go. I too like the idea of recommended or preferred repair facilities around the country. This along with the other list would be a real assest when traveling or when doing basic repairs. I have had great luck with Luke, Rich, Mohawk and MCI. I was thinking of a few more vendors and perhaps we are done.

Keep the names coming and hopefully someone at MAK could start to keep a list for easy access while on the road.

Thanks for the input.

Grant
Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!

Ace

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 08:44:31 PM »
Ok I've had GREAT experiences with Dick Wright at Wrico with my generator's needs. How many of you have diesel generators that need parts.; Doesn't he deserve to included in the list? I think so, and he doesn't come on here and post his phone number with EVERY reply like some just to get a free plug! He gets his from payed advertising and word of mouth!

Ace said it!

Offline busboy

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 09:24:19 PM »
How about the guys at Jefferson Bus & Truck parts in OKC?  They gave me excellent service when I needed it recently.
Happy Trails,
Brent

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal