Author Topic: BNO board  (Read 6798 times)

Offline littlehouse

BNO board
« on: August 09, 2006, 12:47:22 PM »
I know this is probly a silly question, but I learned of this site when I got my frist mag. from Bus Conversions.
I don't surf the web but  I realy like this site. The info. is great, the people and there post are fun. What Mak
has done to create and pay for the site and the mod. who spend there time and effort to make this a fun and
enjoyable experience for me I really appreciate there hard work. But my question, I keep seen reference to
BNO it's archives and old post. So how do I get to this site. And remember I'm not very good at this web
thing so any help would be appreciated
thanks
Ray with the littlehouse [77 MC8] 
I want to live long enough to be a nuisance to my children
and i am!!

Offline mikeH8H-649

Re: BNO board
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 01:25:02 PM »
Ray,go to bus nut online,Mike

Ace

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 01:41:35 PM »
Ray try this:

http://www.busnut.com/cgi-bin/bbs/discus.cgi

Hope this helps...
Ace

Offline littlehouse

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 01:49:35 PM »
Mike
Thanks for the response. That was easy. But I think I'm spoiled, I like this site alot better.

Ace
Thanks, buy the time I get a thank you typed I get another answer. This could be fun if I did'nt type so slow.
Ray
I want to live long enough to be a nuisance to my children
and i am!!

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 06:20:16 PM »
Ray,

Thank You for thoose nice comments!

We Moderators work hard and very well together, to make this board run smooth. We also enjoy it!

Nick Badame
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 06:42:38 PM »
Ray,
Thank You for thoose nice comments!
We Moderators work hard and very well together, to make this board run smooth. We also enjoy it!
Nick Badame

And let me add Nick that ya'll do a MOO of a good job of it! Hats off to Nick, Dallas, Richard, Jack and of course Phil & Mike ! BK ;D

:) ;) :D We gonna have a Great Time at the TN Fall Bus Bash @ Knuckle's! LOL!  ;D :o 8)
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 09:22:42 PM »
Hey there Knuckle,

Thanks for the kind comments & encouragement!  Your knowledgeable insights and help and sense of humor are MUCH appreciated on this board as well!   ;D  ;D  ;D

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline busboy

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 05:44:09 PM »
I found out today that you can't view the BNO board from AOL...so for now this is the only board I can get to.
You guys are doing a great job and have always been really helpful in times of need.
Happy Trails,
Brent

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 06:02:14 PM »
I found out today that you can't view the BNO board from AOL...so for now this is the only board I can get to.
You guys are doing a great job and have always been really helpful in times of need.
Happy Trails,
Brent
I like this board and the great bunch of people here the best.  But I just checked and I didn't have any trouble connecting to the BNO board using AOL.  You may just be experiencing a temporary routing problem.

Offline Clarke Echols

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 07:30:33 AM »
I *HATE* AOL!

I had a collection-agency business a couple of years ago, and the manager's son was always
sneaking in and installing "free" AOL, even though we had a reliable ISP.  The (expletives deleted)
AOL software coming from AOL replaced a DLL file on the PC we used, and when he'd uninstall
it to "cover his tracks", other software no longer worked until I went out and found a replacement
download to correct the problem.

A real ISP does not require *****ANY***** special software.  My opinion of AOL is that it is the
sewer of internet providers -- sort of like CB radio users as viewed by competent ham radio guys.
(I haven't been an active ham since the 1960s.)

Then there was that ridiculous lawsuit AOL raised against Hewlett-Packard and Microsoft (I think
that's who was involved) when I worked at HP in the 1990s.  AOL was claiming that their "You've
Got Mail" thingy was theirs and nobody else could use that.  Hell -- "You have mail" was on Unix
machines long before AOL was even a gleam in their founder's eye.  I know.  I was on the internet
before Al Gore even knew what it was.  And AlBore had the audacity to state on CNN that he "led
the effort in the creation of the internet".  The internet was invented in the 1970s before he
even went to congress.

Which leads to my solution to "global warming" (a questionable myth, at best):   Put a plug in
Hillary, Al, Bill, John Kerry, and Ted Kennedy.  Removing those bags of hot air from society would
eliminate more "heat" than all of the CO2 produced by humans, world-wide.  I get really tired of
those parasites living high off of the public treasury instead of getting off of their high horses and
getting a "real job" somewhere in the real world.  Yeah, I know -- there are some in the opposing
party too...  I just have no tolerance for fools who insist on carrying out their foolishness in public
at public expense.

Bus nuts are another matter.  There is good reason to call them nuts, but they're decent guys.
They share.  They work.  They're not stuck-up, stiff shirts.  And they're self-reliant, not looking
for govamint to bail them out or creating others dependent on them so they can maintain power
and control.

OK -- enough rant for now.

Clarke

Offline n4rsn

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 07:54:55 AM »
"WOW Clark"   :o    I am so surprised to hear such a "part-i-sin" message, on a "bi-part-i-sin" site.!!
However, I some what agree.   WOW.   I really said it.   ;D

Ok,   Who wants the soap box?    Go ahead, I have my bullet proof suit on.  ;D

Steve

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 08:20:01 AM »
Clarke,

I agree with pretty much everthing you said and I it sounds like we are well aligned (and much maligned) on political views.

As for AOL, I have always despised them for many of the same reasons as you.  But my cable ISP doesn't provide dial up access for the road.  >:(  I tried several dial up ISP's and couldn't get descent connection speeds.  It is bad enough going from 7Mbs to 56Kbs but the other carriers all wanted to connect at speeds ranging from 22-33K.  Once it even connected at 12K.  I would call their tech people and they would blame the phone lines, my modem, my cord, everything but their end.  Finally, although I too hated AOL, I installed their free trial and instantly was connecting at 51K+.  I still don't like them, but until I get a mobile broadband solution (definitely a part of my plan), I need to connect as fast as I can on dial up.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal