Author Topic: Rich at International Bus and parts  (Read 6831 times)

Offline H3Jim

• 1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison
Rich at International Bus and parts
« on: September 12, 2006, 11:58:23 AM »
has left the company, anyone know where he went?  He was a lot of help over the years.  good luck to you Rich whre ever you've landed.
Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
Re: Rich at International Bus and parts
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 05:31:28 PM »
Noooooooooo!!!!   

Rich was a tremendous help to me in my polishing project, as well as other miscellanous parts I ordered from IBP.    Rich, where are you?!   

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 05:37:07 PM »
Darn, he never did send me that catalog he promised me he would! Shoot another good source of parts & info down the tubes!  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 05:39:44 PM »
Hey that's right!  We submitted several pictures of our Moose for the new parts catalog almost a year ago, but I never did receive the new catalog.

Hope things are OK - the other folks I worked with at IBP were very helpful as well.

Best Regards, Phil

belfert

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 05:56:27 PM »
Hey guys, IBP didn't suddenly go out of business just because one employee left!

I have called there before, but never did any business because they don't carry any Dina parts.

Brian Elfert

Offline Greg Paciga (S.Ga)

• Future centerfold
  • 4 years and I'm almost there. N.J. Transits Rock!
    • Conversion in progress.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 06:06:28 PM »
Rich was an outstanding person. I've done buisness with him on several occasions. But.. (here we go) I found over the last couple of years (no fault of Rich) that many parts at IBP were the same ones that I could get directly from MCI at about 15% less $$ (if you can believe that..LOL)

That leads me to believe that IBP were buying many parts (NOT ALL) from MCI for the same price as we all could. And then adding a 15% mark up. Is there a problem with that?? Heck no. It's called free enterprise. It's just the educated shopper that explores all of his options when it comes to buying their bus parts. Good luck to you Rich. And thanks for all your help a couple of years ago.

Just my humble opinion though.

Greg Paciga (S. Ga.)
Don't think your going to do a conversion overnight. I did and 4 years later I'm still only 85% done. LOL  :)  :)

Why??  Because I did it right. Check out my any of my 900+
pics posted on Community webshots.com

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 06:09:51 PM »
Hey guys, IBP didn't suddenly go out of business just because one employee left!

I have called there before, but never did any business because they don't carry any Dina parts.

Brian Elfert

Good point Brian!  :)

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 09:27:13 AM »
Rich was an outstanding person. I've done buisness with him on several occasions. But.. (here we go) I found over the last couple of years (no fault of Rich) that many parts at IBP were the same ones that I could get directly from MCI at about 15% less $$ (if you can believe that..LOL)
That leads me to believe that IBP were buying many parts (NOT ALL) from MCI for the same price as we all could. And then adding a 15% mark up. Is there a problem with that?? Heck no. It's called free enterprise. It's just the educated shopper that explores all of his options when it comes to buying their bus parts. Good luck to you Rich. And thanks for all your help a couple of years ago.
Just my humble opinion though.
Greg Paciga (S. Ga.)

Greg your onto the right track but, when someone like IBP buys quanaities of parts they get large price breaks. So in reality theres probably 35-50% mark up ! But it is Free enterprise, and that's what keeps businesses in business ! PROFIT! BK  ;D

Not knocking it just, adding to it!
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 06:59:03 PM »
My one & only experience with IBP was really bad until I got someone other than Rich involved.  So I won't be mourning his passing.  And I won't go out of my way to deal with IBP again.
R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)

The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you.
Its the last thing but its still on the list.

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 05:15:04 AM »
Sorry to hear that Rich is no longer with IBP.

I have bought several things from IBP and Rich was a great help.

Best wishes to ya Rich!

Greg said: (here we go) I found over the last couple of years (no fault of Rich) that many parts at IBP were the same ones that I could get directly from MCI at about 15% less $$ (if you can believe that..LOL)

Greg,  Such a good point....Research every part....I have come to find over time that there are considerable deals out there....But you have to hunt them down.....You also pay a little more with some vendors, but if you have there technical expertise...Whats that worth?......

Brian said: Hey guys, IBP didn't suddenly go out of business just because one employee left!

Thats true, but I think Rich and IBP to the bus conversion community were almost inseperable...

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline Rich (Prevost)

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 09:36:45 AM »
Hi Jim & all.................

I'm still around......Have not forgotten about you all. Some I have more fond memories than others..........You know who you are. I have been very busy. Sorry I have not gotten back sooner. Getting our house in Orlando ready to sell. Moving to Nashville, TN.

I have been blessed to have all (3) large bus companies interested in my services. Prevost is a wonderful company & I am very excited to go to work for them. I will be at the Nashville branch. What a great opportunity. They are VERY selective and I felt under the microscope, but that seems to be why they have had such success over the last decade.

I have gotten so many great phone calls over the last few weeks from so many good friends..............I will miss the daily interactions with the "Bus Nuts". Please feel free to E-mail me at richcin1@yahoo.com. Or drop a note on the MAK board. Phil & Jack (drop me a line, I want to help get some of the seminars set up for your rally, I probably won't be able to attend, it kills me to say)  & Nick (it was great meeting you, one day we will meet again at Mac & Manco's) and others have done such a fantastic job on this board. I hope I can continue to throw in my two cents worth. Phil - bring that baby of yours to Nashville & I'll do some real hands on polishing stuff.............Look forward to seeing you in the Music City - stop by the branch - real convenient location off Hwy 24.

Rich Luttfring
Prevost Car, TN

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 09:51:25 AM »
Ricn,

Great to hear from you.

We will miss you down here, but it is Tennessee's gain.

You may have to actually get some Winter clothes now!  :P

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 10:23:39 AM »
Rich WELCOME to GODS country! What is your new job with Prevost gonna be? I'll stop in an holler at ya sommeday as I'm down that way pretty regular. Glad to hear all is well!! See ya soon! Bryce Gaston aka BK!  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 03:26:17 PM »
Hi Rich,

Glad to see you moving up in the bus world...  Lots of Luck!

Hummmm Nashville, I may come there.  If not, I'll see ya in Ocean City NJ, on your next Vacation. [Mac & Mancos Pizza, mmmmm]

Keep yourself on the BBS

Nick Badame
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 04:55:36 PM »
You can't keep a good busnut supporter down!!!

Good for you Rich, and good luck with the new gig!

Geez, we'll have to break in a new guy from IPB.... wondering about louvered engine door skins for my MC8....

We'll miss you at Bussin' 2008!

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal