Author Topic: Vent for washer dryer  (Read 4386 times)

Offline Frank @ TX

Vent for washer dryer
« on: April 03, 2013, 07:36:47 AM »
Hi,
I have a Splinde washer / dryer that is vented.
Has anyone had good luck with the exit vent for outside?
The one I see a lot is a chrome model ( like a hood scoop for a car ) .
If you like that one or have had better luck with another kind please let me know.
Thanks
Frank

Offline TomC

Re: Vent for washer dryer
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 08:14:34 AM »
I am going to have the vented Splendide. I don't want a vent in the side wall. Probably will vent down through the floor. Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline Frank @ TX

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 08:36:10 AM »
Hi Tom,
We converted this bus 13 years ago.
It has the dryer vent thru the floor and thru the bay floor to the outside under the bus.  As it leaves the dryer it enters an electrical conduit to go thru the floor to outside. What happens to ours is the dryer lint gets stuck to the inside of the conduit and slows the air until I bush it out.  I was just wondering if a shorted run thru the wall worked out better for some folks.
I used the conduit to surround the AquaHot exhaust to the roof and the generator exhaust to the roof.  I had lots left over so I used it to conduct the dryer exhaust thur the bay to outside too.  I think the conduit going thru the bay gets cool and the dryer lint sticks to the inside.
Frank

Offline belfert

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 09:37:03 AM »
Plastic conduit also tends to gather dust on the surface due to static electricity.  This probably part of the reason for lint to gather inside the conduit.  Dryer manufacturers recommend only metal duct for a variety of reasons.

I don't have a dryer in my bus so I can't recommend how to vent one.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 11:06:57 AM »
I have always seen lint accumulating in dryer vent tubes at home.  I assumed that's just the nature of dryers.  Does your conduit vent gather lint at a much faster rate than a home dryer?
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline Frank @ TX

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 12:38:50 PM »
Hi lin and belfert,
I'm using electrical conduit ( metal ).
I think the lint gathers faster because the conduit goes thru the bay.
In cool weather the bay could be cooler that the living area.
BUT in the house the dryer exhaust is with in the living area until it is outside.
Now for my question : has anyone used the exterior scoop type discharge on their dryer?

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »
My bus had an apartment model in it, and he literally used a vent with the little louvers just like you have on the side of your house, and it reportedly worked fine.  I took out the washer/dryer, so I don't know personally.  My bus was lived in for 20 years before I got it, so if something didn't work, it got changed.
Rick A. Cone
Silverdale, WA
66 Crowny Crown "The Ark"

Offline Scott & Heather

• Scott & Heather's buses: MCI-9 & MCI-102
  • MCI-9 & MCI-102
    • Fresh Day Music
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 07:28:32 PM »
My bus had an apartment model in it, and he literally used a vent with the little louvers just like you have on the side of your house, and it reportedly worked fine.  I took out the washer/dryer, so I don't know personally.  My bus was lived in for 20 years before I got it, so if something didn't work, it got changed.

we did this too. works great.
Scott & Heather
1984 MCI 9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise (SOLD)
1992 MCI 102C3 8v92-turbo with 8 inch roof raise CURRENT HOME
Click link for 900 photos of our 1st bus conversion:
https://goo.gl/photos/GVtNRniG2RBXPuXW9

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 08:35:01 PM »
Frank, I tried venting mine down through the bay and also through the floor neither worked good it is just the nature of the  older Splendide that dry with moisture to plug the vent lines.

Do you have the Splendide junction box on the back to make the down turn I found that really helps on the one in the motor home in the Eagle I had a pvc 90 it plugged the pipe very often like every other time she would use it.

Splendides are nothing like a apartment washer and dryer guys a totally different breed guys great little units for a rv my wife loves it's

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline crown

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 10:56:04 AM »
 what is the junction box ? any pictures ?
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal