Author Topic: Mike Kadletz  (Read 2865 times)

Offline chessie4905

• Platinum Donor
Re: Mike Kadletz
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2019, 07:09:24 AM »
Careful on the disparaging remarks. There are lawyers out there idling away, looking for work. Just sayin...
GMC h8h 649#028 (4905)
Pennsylvania-central

Offline pabusnut

• P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2019, 08:22:54 AM »
That reminded me--I was watchin Netflix --West Coast Customs was converting a new MCI and needed four slideouts(about a 2012 or 2013 episode).

They sent the bus to Pennsylvania to get the slideouts installed-- a guy named *AM *AL*KER!!

I am curious whether they met their timeline--this episode didn't show their countdown clock!!

Steve
Steve Toomey
PAbusnut

Offline luvrbus

• Gold Donor
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2019, 08:37:10 AM »
I never had dealing with Walker but we have friends he converted a MCI for them and they love the guy
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline buswarrior

• '75 MC8 8V71 HT740
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2019, 09:42:49 AM »
Funny how victims are attached to their abusers...

Humans are a funny bunch, good thing we're only visiting this planet...

Happy coaching!
Buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area

Offline pabusnut

• P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 11:12:53 AM »
"we're only visiting this planet..."

Larry Norman lyrics?
Steve Toomey
PAbusnut

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 01:31:44 PM »
I only met Mike once.  New Years at the Caverns.  He's a likeable scoundrel.  I've got my own Mike story to tell but it will cost you some good single malt to hear it.  It serves to demonstrate that in this life education always has a cost attached.
R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)
My website

Contrary to popular belief, wise men do not learn from their own mistakes
They learn from the mistakes of others.

Offline buswarrior

• '75 MC8 8V71 HT740
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2019, 06:54:09 PM »
"we're only visiting this planet..."

Larry Norman lyrics?

Well spotted!

Happy coaching!
Buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area

Offline JT4SC

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2019, 09:09:58 PM »
I’m going to give a different take on Mike.  I bought a Moosecreek motorcabin from him 12 years ago (can’t believe it’s been that long!).  I was 27 years old and dumb as a rock.  I had zero days of RV experience let alone bus conversions.  But my wife and I had been through a bunch of fertility stuff trying to have a baby and none of it worked so we said screw it let’s quit our jobs and go on a 6 month road trip.  So we got to looking at RV’s, stumbled on bus conversions then stumbled on Mike.  Next thing you know I’m driving down the 405 at rush hour without a clue of what I got myself into. 
Mike helped us a lot on our road trip (as did so many here!), and he always spoke very highly of the people on this board.  There were multiple times where he didn’t have to help us but he did.  When we got back from our 6 month road trip there was a list of 10 or so things we wanted done/fixed.  He did most of them for free.  One time we happened to be in LA and one of our tires blew.  He told us to come over and he’d help us out.  He had someone come over and put on a used tire he had at the shop.  Again didn’t charge us. 
Now my experience with Mike isn’t perfect, looking back I can’t believe he put in a Chinese knock off generator that had no business being in a bus, it lasted all of a day before it overheated and died.  But then he got us another free-of-charge Chinese POS generator.  Why on earth he took the time to do the same stupid thing thinking it would be better the second time is beyond me, but the point is he at least tried to do it somewhat right. 

I haven’t talked to him in many years, and I hope he’s continued to grow as a person and do the right thing.  I like Mike and I appreciate what he did for me and my wife (and now our 2 adopted kids who love going out in the Moose!).   :)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2019, 09:29:31 AM »
Hey there is a great guy out there named Sam Walker why not try him, lol.

Have Not Heard that name in a long time.... LOL  :o

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com