Author Topic: MCI 102A3 - looking for transmission dipstick extension (or parts in general)  (Read 1025 times)

Offline daveola

• Galactic Bustastic!
  • Big Red and Little Red
    • Dave's Bus
Oh, the woes of searching for parts.

I had an engine/transmission swap to my 102A3, but I realized later that I have no reasonable way to change or check the transmission oil.  There's an extension for the three axle buses (attached) and I have called all around trying to find one.

According to the parts manual, the dipstick and assembly are 13J-10-22 and 13G-10-48

I've tried US Coach and Sam Caylor and the vintage parts partner with MCI (vpartsinc.com) - though they don't seem to have much of anything...  I know about Ted in Williams, but he doesn't really ever have 102 parts.

So..  there's got to be a graveyard somewhere with these buses - anyone know where else we can get parts *in general*?

Offline richard5933

Is that tube a standard size? Because it looks like the extension is held on with a compression fitting. If the tube is a standard size, you could just make your own with a length of tubing and a fitting.
Richard
1974 GMC P8M4108a-125 Custom Coach "Land Cruiser" (Sold)
1964 GM PD4106-2412 (Former Bus)
1994 Airstream Excella 25-ft w/ 1999 Suburban 2500
Located in beautiful Wisconsin

Offline daveola

• Galactic Bustastic!
  • Big Red and Little Red
    • Dave's Bus
I suppose I could make all the brackets and the tube and find a dipstick of the right size - if I had a place to work on my bus right now, though I don't really..

Don't know if they are standard sizes and/or where to find the right length dipstick.

Offline daveola

• Galactic Bustastic!
  • Big Red and Little Red
    • Dave's Bus
I did find this part:

MCI   13J-10-18   TUBE DIPSTICK EXTENSION

But searching around I can't figure out what bus this is for - so I could see if it's similar enough to make work...

Offline richard5933

The dipstick itself is the easy part - long 'blanks' are available so that you can replace yours and set the length for whatever you need.
Richard
1974 GMC P8M4108a-125 Custom Coach "Land Cruiser" (Sold)
1964 GM PD4106-2412 (Former Bus)
1994 Airstream Excella 25-ft w/ 1999 Suburban 2500
Located in beautiful Wisconsin

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal